Combination of black seed and honey It is a good source of nutrients that are good for health and have been used so far. This combination can be a combination of honey with ground black seed powder or its oil. In this article, the properties of combining honey with black seed oil are investigated.
The properties of honey are remarkable, and on the other hand, black seed oil, in turn, comes from black seed, which is derived from the flowering plant of the Ranunculaceae family, whose Latin name is Nigella sativa. This plant is known as native to South and Southwest Asia.
Benefits of honey and black seed because of its nutrients, it is used for treatment, prevention, body strengthening and beauty. The following is a list of benefits associated with the combination of black seed and honey.
Properties of black seed and honey
1. Weight loss
- Because honey is a natural substitute for sugar, it reduces the use of sugar and prevents the risks of some health problems such as diabetes and obesity.
2. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Strong antioxidant properties to protect the body against disease due to inhibition of free radicals.
- Due to the presence of thymoquinone and thymohydroquinone, black seed oil has two compounds that are anti-inflammatory.
- Recent studies have shown that black seed oil has anti-cancer activity that is also associated with anti-inflammatory action. In fact, as an anti-inflammatory, it helps build a powerful barrier against bacteria, viruses and cancer. Studies have shown that this substance protects the cell against the effects of viruses and inhibits tumor growth by up to 50%. To conclude, studies claim that black seed oil is effective in preventing and treating cancer.
- Pancreatic cancer: A study showed that consumption of black seed oil helped to destroy pancreatic cancer cells in 80% of cells.
- Black seed oil is known to prevent inflammation and regenerate the immune system after chemotherapy and radiation therapy. In this regard, this oil inactivates some of the breast cancer cells.
- Therefore, it is recommended to consume black seed oil regularly to keep the body away from cancer risks.
- In fact, black seed oil and honey both have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- A cancer study found that black seed oil is an ideal way to reduce the presence of tumors in the lungs, esophagus and stomach.
- In addition, because black seed oil contains thymoclucinone, this nutrient is involved in slowing the growth of breast cancer cells, brain tumor cells, cervical cancer, and pancreatic cancer.
4. Prevent asthma and allergies
- Black seed oil has anti-asthma effects and is a good alternative treatment for this type of chronic disease.
- Black seed oil is also useful in relieving allergies.
5. Strengthen the health of the digestive system
- Having a good digestive system means that your body prevents any gastrointestinal diseases such as bloating and constipation. Black seed oil and honey become an alternative medicine to prevent digestive health problems.
6. MRSA protection
- MRSA is a bacterial infection that is resistant to many antibiotics, the first sign of which is known as a mild skin sore or a pimple that is potentially harmful. Regular consumption of black seed oil and honey increases the body’s protection against viruses and bacteria, including MRSA.
7. Protection from opioid addiction
- The presence of antibacterial activity in black seed oil and honey helps to fight the clinical problems of opioid addiction and is also an effective treatment for opioid dependence.
8. Prevent fungal infections
- Because honey and black seed oil contain thymoquinone, a proven antifungal compound against dermatophytes and yeasts, it has been shown to help fight yeast and candida infections in the gastrointestinal tract and skin.
9. Protect the liver
- One of the best nutrients in black seed oil and honey is thymoclucinone. It provides the identification of nutrients for the antioxidant enzymes glutathione peroxidase and glutathione-S-transferase, which are involved in protecting the liver from toxins.
10. Reduce epileptic seizures
- There is a link between epileptic seizures and the consumption of black seed oil. Research has shown that black seed has antiepileptic effects in children with refractory seizures. In fact, this oil has the ability to reduce the severity and frequency of seizures.
11. Treatment of psoriasis
- As described above, black seed oil is a complete package of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties that has a calming effect on skin rashes. Hence, black seed oil shows significant performance in the treatment of psoriasis (a condition with itchy skin with dry, scaly red spots).
12. Useful source of nutrients
- While black seed oil contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, crystalline niglon, beta-sitosterol, thymoquinone, myristic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, palmitolic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, arachidonic acid proteins; Honey also contains vitamins B6, amino acids, calcium, copper, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium, zinc, iron and phosphorus.
- In fact, all of the above compounds are beneficial and work together to ensure a higher level of health.
13. Improved safety
- Black seed, with its antioxidants, beneficial acids and B vitamins, strengthens the body’s immune system to provide nutrients and support the body’s function.
14. Promote skin health
- The antioxidants in black seed oil and honey are useful for exfoliating, hydrating and keeping the skin young. They kill dead skin cells as an effective treatment for skin acne.
- This compound works to protect against environmental damage that causes skin damage, as it has antibacterial properties.
- Black seed oil and honey can be used together with coconut oil to maintain the beauty and health of the skin, the skin is soft and light.
|In this regard, it is interesting to know that the properties of honey are also mentioned in the treatment of skin diseases.|
15. Promote hair health
- It is possible to strengthen hair growth by using black seed oil and honey regularly as a shampoo and conditioner. In fact, black seed oil and honey are useful in strengthening hair follicles. Hair loss can also be prevented by adding olive oil or apple cider vinegar to the mixture, and rubbing the hair with the resulting concoction.
Tips for consuming black seed oil and honey
- There are options for consuming black seed oil and honey: including eating a teaspoon of them, eating with water or milk, or rubbing the mixture on bread and cakes.
- It is recommended to consume black seed oil and honey in moderation to get the most benefit. It is better to take this combination twice a day before meals.