In recent years, with the expansion of the supply of beeswax honey, the consumption of beeswax honey is somewhat strange and new. But it should be known that the properties of honey with wax (while having all the properties of honey), is much more than the type without wax. In this article, this issue and its contents will be explained in detail.
Prior to the invention and use of the wax extractor, almost all honey produced was supplied as a wax. Although most honeys today are made from wax or nectar, honey with wax is still popular with consumers: both for eating “as is”; And for combination with extracted honey (nectar).
The hexagonal and waxy structure made by bees is used to store honey, pollen and the birth and breeding of new larvae. Honey with wax (or honey comb) is honey that is stored by bees in newly made combs without larvae. Therefore, beeswax honey is made by cutting a piece of honey made by a bee, which the beekeeper transfers directly from the hive to the container and delivers. In other words, this product is very pure, untreated and has a long shelf life.
Properties of honey with wax
As a pure product, it contains honey, wax, bromine and some pollens, which can have the following characteristics:
- High antioxidant capacity: Honey comb contains a lot of phenolic antioxidants, flavonoids and natural honey. Therefore, honey with wax helps cells against oxidative stress and neutralizes free radicals, allowing cells to stay healthy and prevent damage caused by cell aging.
- Extra nutritional contribution: Honey, pumice, pollen and wax are found in honey with wax. This means that compared to consuming honey as nectar, more nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and amino acids are received.
- Helps to treat oral and gingival diseases: The product that is consumed by chewing, provides the possibility of longer shelf life in the mouth. The proper antimicrobial activity of honey is due to the presence of hydrogen peroxide. This substance facilitates the treatment of symptoms related to oral and gum diseases.
- Improve sore throat and dry throat: For the same reason mentioned above, the presence of pomegranate and honey helps to relieve itching and sore throat. With direct contact with the throat, great relief is immediately seen through a delicious, healthy and pure food!
- Consumption of beeswax honey ensures that the bee product retains all its essence and properties, because the cells are not even opened.
- There are scientific studies showing that honey with wax helps lower the level of what is known as “bad cholesterol” and increases “good” cholesterol.
- It has antioxidant effects that help protect the liver. This was confirmed in an experiment in South Korea with people suffering from fatty liver. People took the product for 24 weeks, after which it was found that their liver function had improved significantly.
- Consumption of honey with wax helps to properly regulate glucose metabolism in the body.
- The antioxidants in honey with wax can support heart health. Because honey is a rich source of phenols and other antioxidant compounds, it has been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease. (One of the properties of honey and cinnamon in this regard.)
- Antibacterial benefits of honey with wax cleans the respiratory tract, which is very suitable for treating colds.
- Increase energy naturally. Due to the vitamins, minerals and natural sugars in honey with wax, this substance gives completely natural energy. Honey with wax is high in carbohydrates, which is a good source of natural energy, especially before exercise. Many athletes are aware of the effect that honey with wax has on improving performance. This is due to pollen, vitamins, proteins and natural sugars, which are present only in honey and wax, and provide the best balance of simple carbohydrates for energy.
- Honey with wax makes you sleep better. This natural gift, with the right balance of sugars, helps produce the hormones needed for better sleep. (In this regard, the properties of wild honey can also be used.)
How to consume honey with wax
Today, honey with wax may be a somewhat rare and even strange food. However, in ancient times the consumption of honey was accompanied by wax. Because, as mentioned earlier, it does not require any manipulation or processing.
Honey processing has evolved and now honey can be obtained directly from wax, pollen and pesticides. In other words, it is a liquid with a pleasant, fragrant and sweet color, ready to be consumed directly without the need to remove anything or even chew!
In fact, in addition to purity, everything in honey is eaten with wax: wax, pollen, and wax. After chewing a piece of honey with wax for a while, in addition to the taste of honey, a waxy mass forms in the mouth that can be discarded or swallowed. Wax is not digestible by the intestines. The human body does not have specific enzymes to break down wax and digest it. Therefore It is recommended not to consume large amounts of it.
When to use honey with wax?
- The best time to consume honey with wax is early autumn or change of weather. It will be much more effective preventively, especially if combined with fresh royal jelly or pomegranate extract.
- It is recommended to be used in cases of sore throat, ear or nasal congestion. This helps speed recovery. Of course, this does not always mean the final treatment, and adequate treatment must be provided.
- For those who are allergic to pollen, it is recommended that it be consumed at least one month before spring or at the time of pollination. Some nature lovers recommend consuming it in cycles of four days a week, before spring.
- It may be interesting to note that children who may be more allergic to pollen (for example, children with food allergies or atopic dermatitis) can take this product regularly to avoid allergies without developing allergies. Prevent or minimize the severity of the outbreak.
Finally, it should be noted that honey with wax is an impressive product that arouses curiosity. Therefore, it is recommended to put a piece of honey with wax on your dessert plate, ice cream or pancakes to make meals special.
The presentation will be spectacular and everyone will probably be surprised and happy!