The digestive system is a complex biological structure consisting of a group of organs whose job is to convert food into energy and other nutrients for the proper functioning of the whole body. The digestive system moves food in different directions and in the process breaks down food into molecules, which are used as fuel for your body’s daily functioning. The liver and pancreas produce digestive fluids that help digest food, and the gallbladder is used for storage. A wide range of diseases can occur if any disruption occurs in any part of this biological system. How can good gastrointestinal function be guaranteed?
Use the benefits of honey for digestion
Honey provides many minerals, enzymes and amino acids. People know the properties of honey because of its antibacterial and healing benefits and use it to treat various conditions such as – treating sore throat, nourishing and refreshing the skin, relieving cough, reducing inflammation, maintaining cholesterol levels. Now one more thing is added to this diverse list of reasons to buy honey: that honey is very useful for digestion:
Research shows that acid reflux can occur due to radicals that damage the cells lining the gastrointestinal tract. Consumption of honey can play an essential role in this case; Because it controls damage by removing free radicals.
Properties of honey for digestion:
- Honey contains special enzymes (specifically for the breakdown of carbohydrates and sugars) that can act as a catalyst in the digestive process.
- Honey can help treat diarrhea due to its fast and short digestion (compared to other normal sugars) in the stomach and intestines.
- Some of the good bacteria in honey are responsible for the good functioning of the digestive tract.
- Honey contains a compound called methyl glyoxal, which provides antibacterial properties for honey. It helps treat bacterial infections in the stomach. The main bacterium that causes digestive disorders is Helicobacter pylori. Studies have shown that honey can control the growth of this bacterium in the stomach.
- Honey helps strengthen the immune system and prevents any stomach-related diseases in the future.
Different ways to use honey to help improve digestion:
- Drink one or two tablespoons of honey daily.
- You can add a tablespoon of honey to a glass of lukewarm water every morning and enjoy.
- You can make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder. Spread this dough on your bread instead of using jelly or jam. Eat this bread every day for breakfast to have effective results.
- If you are a fan of yogurt and you like yogurt with your meal, add 1-2 tablespoons of honey to it to fight the problems of acid reflux and indigestion.
- Mixtures of vinegar and honey have been common for digestion for many years. Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey to 8 ounces of water and drink before each meal.